We All Can Get Involved and Spread the Word
6 TH ANNUAL “SAVE A LIFE”
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE AWARENESS WALK
OCTOBER 29, 2017, 9:00am
LHC Rotary Park: 1 1/2 mile walk around rotary circle up through channel to the bridge and back.
REGISTRATION FORM PICK UP @ H.A.V.E.N 2174 McCulloch Blvd.
Or print right from our website:
Did you know….?
- One in every four women will experience domestic violence in her lifetime.
- Anybody can be a victim — rich or poor, any race, age, or religion. High school drop-out or Ph.D. Studies have shown no characteristic link between personality type and being a victim.
- Witnessing violence between one’s parents or caretakers is the strongest risk factor of transmitting violent behavior from one generation to the next.
- A victim of domestic/intimate partner violence is at the greatest point of danger when she tries to leave.
- Most cases of domestic violence are never reported to the police.
Working together, we can make a difference.
H.A.V.E.N. Family Resource Center has been awarded accreditation by National Children’s Alliance following an extensive application and site review process. As the accrediting agency for Children’s Advocacy Centers (CAC) across the country, National Children’s Alliance awards various levels of accreditation and membership to centers responding to allegations of child abuse in ways that are effective and efficient, and put the needs of child victims of abuse first. Accreditation is the highest level of membership with National Children’s Alliance and denotes excellence in service provision.